"The Salesians showed us how we could have income for life… and help the poor, too!"
IMPORTANT UPDATE: GIFT ANNUITY RATES HAVE INCREASED
We are delighted to inform you that the rates we pay annuitants on new gift annuities issued after July 1, 2018, will increase between .3% and .5%. This is the first increase since the economic downturn a decade ago. Given this good news, we hope you will consider establishing a gift annuity with Salesian Missions.
For example, with a gift of $10,000, an individual, age 75 will receive a rate of 6.2%, at age 80, the rate is 7.3%, and at age 90, the rate is 9.5%.
If you would like to run your own personalized illustration, feel free to use the online gift calculator below.
To learn more please contact Anna Maria Lang, Planned Giving Specialist, at 914-633-8344, x206 or via email at [email protected].
A Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA) is a simple contract in which you transfer cash or securities to Salesian Missions, Inc. in exchange for guaranteed regular payments for life. We offer immediate, deferred, and flexible deferred Charitable Gift Annuities. The amount of each payment you receive is determined by your age when the annuity is funded. Salesian Missions follows the rates set by the American Council on Gift Annuities (ACGA).
A gift annuity allows you to give generously now while providing for your own future. It is an irrevocable gift that will have a lasting impact on our Mission work.
The minimum age requirement is 55 to 60 for a deferred gift and 60 for an immediate gift annuity. The minimum gift amount is $5,000.
Benefits of a Charitable Gift Annuity
- Participate in our Mission work through a gift that has a lasting impact.
- Provide secure, stable income for the rest of your life on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual basis.
- Receive a tax deduction for the charitable portion of the gift*.
- In most cases, part of each payment is tax-free, increasing each payment’s after-tax value.
- Opportunity to turn low-yielding securities into a stable fixed income for life.
- All gift annuity donors are recognized as members of the Don Bosco Legacy Society.
*Tax deduction is variable and is based on the applicable IRS discount rates and limitations.
Try our NEW online Gift Calculator
It's an interactive tool that lets you calculate the income and tax benefits you may receive from making a gift to Salesian Annuity Plan.
- The material presented in this website is not offered as legal or tax advice. You are urged to seek the advice of your tax advisor and/or financial planner to make certain a contemplated gift fits well into your overall circumstances and planning.
- We do not offer annuities in the state of Washington.